Bikes Welcome Local Champion
Local champions help make Bikes Welcome happen in their area.
Here are some tools to help you.
Request printed invitations
Be sent some postcard invitations which you can hand out.
Tips to be added
Tips and FAQ for local champions will be added here.
Your Friendly Local:
When you are known to the business as a regular customer it is a bit easier to start the conversation. Here are some ideas of things you could mention:
- I’ve noticed a few of your customers bike here …
- I’ve noticed the bikes out front ….
- I usually come here by bike….
- It’s so cool how you support biking by xxxxx, why don’t you list your business on this website.
- One of the reasons I like coming here is xxxxx – let’s let everyone know!
- IT’S FREE and they’ll promote your business.
- It’s a way to let people know how bike friendly you are and get more customers.
- They’ll send you a sticker to display on your window/door.
A bit of encouragement
When a business doesn’t have great bike parking they might just need some encouragement. Here’s how you could approach it:
- Let them know you are a customer and you bike there. And you’ve noticed other people do to.
- Propose bike parking as an opportunity to attract more customers to bike to their business, and a way to keep their staff and customers safe.
- Let them know help is available to them.
- Finish on a positive note: how great it is to see how many customers ride bikes and how much they’ll love having someplace safe to park their bikes.
Further resources (external websites)
Parkiteer – Free commuter cycle parking