Become a Bikes Welcome Business
We are no longer taking registrations for the Bikes Welcome Business Directory.
Thank you for your interest.
Please see below for other ways you can let your customers know you are Bike Friendly.
Ways to be a bike friendly business
Step 1: Provide good bike parking
5 Keys to good bike parking
- Support the frame, not just the wheels
- Securely installed and enables secure locking
- Convenient and accessable
- Safe for all users and bikes
- Looks and works like bike parking
Learn more about the basics of good bike parking.
Step 2: Add optional welcoming extras
- Bike locks available for loan
- Place to fill up water bottles
- Willing to host special events for bike users
- Offer discounts or incentives for bike users
- Promote bike use on your website and social media e.g. under ‘how to find us’
- Pump and tools available to borrow
- Incentives for employees who ride their bicycles
- Bike use information available for customers and staff (e.g. posters, maps, local advocacy group and event information, etc)
- Use merchant bikes for conducting business or running errands
- Actively support the provision of bike lanes (lobbying, submissions, etc)
- Actively support your local bike share scheme and/or advocacy group
- Include bike under ‘how to get here’ options on your website or business listings.
Find out more ways to be bike-friendly