Councils and other local authorities can help provide bike parking in public places.
We work with local councils and related organisations to help facilitate good bike parking in public places, as well as good policy.
Our council pages make it easier for you to:
- Request bike parking in public places
- Find you local council’s policies and processes for bike parking
- Visit your local council’s cycling webpage
- Connect with your local bike-user group
- Find local organisations who support everyday biking
To find your local Bike Friendly Businesses, check out our:
Connect with your council:
My council is not listed
Approach your local council to request bike parking in public spaces or at council facilities. Using their online ‘report a problem’, ‘feedback’ or ‘question’ forms work well, as these requests are usually tracked.
Approach your local advocacy group for ideas and suggestions, or better yet, join them.
Are you a council?Complete our short questionnaire about your bike parking policy and processes.
We will then use that information to create a page for your local area.
Learn more about how Bikes Welcome works with Local Authorities.